Critical Finance Review
2012, Vol 1
- Corporate Debt Maturity and the Real Effects of the 2007 Credit Crisis
- Capital Structure Choices
- Testing Factor-Model Explanations of Market Anomalies
- The Long-Run Risks Model and Aggregate Asset Prices: An Empirical Assessment
- An Empirical Evaluation of the Long-Run Risks Model for Asset Prices
2013, Vol 2
- Should Benchmark Indices Have Alpha? Revisiting Performance Evaluation
- The Housing Wealth Effect: The Crucial Roles of Demographics, Wealth Distribution and Wealth Shares
- Wealth Effects Revisited 1975-2012
- Editor's Letter by Michael Weisbach
- A Critique of Recent Quantitative and Deep-Structure Modeling in Capital Structure Research and Beyond
- Dynamic Corporate Finance is Useful: A Comment on Welch (2013)
- Model Before Measurement
2014, Vol 3
- Bank Deregulation and Racial Inequality in America
- Do Concentrated Institutional Investors Really Reduce Executive Compensation Whilst Raising Incentives?
- Institutional Investors and Executive Compensation Redux:
A Comment on "Do Concentrated Institutional Investors Really Reduce Executive Compensation Whilst Raising Incentives"
- Incentive Contracts are not Rigged by Powerful CEOs
- Compensation Rigging by Powerful CEOs: A Reply and Cross-Sectional Evidence
2016, Vol 5-1
- Holderness, Clifford G., Problems Using Aggregate Data to Infer Individual Behavior: Evidence from Law, Finance, and Ownership Concentration.
- Holderness, Clifford G., Law and Ownership Reexamined.
- Martijn Cremers and Hongjun Yan, Uncertainty and Valuations.
- Lubos Pastor and Pietro Veronesi, Uncertainty and Valuations: A Comment.
- Joseph Gerakos and Juhani T. Linnainmaa, Market reactions to tangible and intangible information revisited.
- Sheridan Titman and Kent Daniel. Another Look at Market Responses to Tangible and Intangible Information.
- The CFR is moving to 2 volumes/year.
- 2016 Vol 5-1 is about to be sent to the printer. 5-2 is being typeset.
2016, Vol 5-2
- Thomas Davidoff. Supply Constraints Are Not Valid Instrumental Variables for Home Prices Because They Are Correlated With Many Demand Factors.
- Vladimir Atanasov and Bernard Black. Shock-Based Causal Inference in Corporate Finance and Accounting Research.
- Jonathan E. Ingersoll, Jr., Cumulative Prospect Theory, Aggregation, and Pricing.
- Blake Phillips, Kuntara Pukthuanthong, and P. Raghavendra Rau, Past performance may be an illusion: Performance, flows, and fees in mutual funds.
- Bhagwan Chowdhry and Eduardo Schwartz, How Should Firms Hedge Market Risk?
- Russell P. Robins and Geoffrey Peter Smith, No More Weekend Effect.
2017, Vol 6-1
- Christoph Schneider and Oliver Spalt, Acquisitions as Lotteries? The Selection of Target-Firm Risk and its Impact on Merger Outcomes.
- Katherine Guthrie and Jan Sokolowsky, Obesity and Household Financial Distress.
- Assaf Eisdorfer and Elizabeth Kohl, Corporate Sport Sponsorship and Stock Returns: Evidence from the NFL.
- M. Fabricio Perez and Andriy Shkilko, Catering Through Nominal Share Prices Revisited.
- Marshall E. Blume and Donald B. Keim, The Changing Nature of Institutional Investors.
2017 and Beyond
- Wen-Chyan Ke and Hsiou-Wei William Lin, An Improved Version of the Volume-Synchronized Probability of Informed Trading (VPIN).
- David Easley and Marcos Lopez de Prado and Maureen O'Hara, An Improved Version of the Volume-Synchronized Probability of Informed Trading (VPIN): A Comment.
- Anna von Reibnitz, When Opportunity Knocks: Cross-Sectional Return Dispersion and Active Fund Performance.
- Dudley, Evan, and Christopher James. Capital-structure changes around IPOs.
- John Y. Campbell, Adi Sunderam, and Luis M. Viceira, Inflation Hedges? The Changing Risks of Nominal Bonds.
- Dewenter Kathryn, Catherine Schrand, and Clare Wang. The impact of currency risk on US MNCs: New evidence from returns and cross-border investment around currency crises.
Liquidity: Replications, Extensions, and Critique
The CFR has invited replications of the three most influential liquidity papers of the last 20 years (RFP call). The papers and lead authors will be
- pastor-stambaugh 2003: jeffrey pontiff. robert novy-marx.
- acharya-pedersen 2005: kazumoi eiichiro. craig holden.
- amihud 2002: larry harris. anna von reibnitz.